Photography Window Lighting Assignment + Out takes

This weeks assignment was window lighting and I had been trying to figure out how I'd follow the specific instructions without breaking any of the rules. For example, no direct lighting on the subject. The room in my house that has the best lighting/best background is also the brightest room in the entire house because it has a ton of windows. On the day it was due (today) I finally just said screw it and shot the pictures in that room anyway. Dawson was asleep and I had to shoot a person.. In a rush to get it done, I grabbed my tripod and shot myself. Yeah, that didn't go so well...
m_10

Luckily, Dawson woke up just before it started to get too dark. It was already a little gloomy outside, so I was worrrried! The pictures turned out great, although I may have broken the direct sunlight rule..

I submitted this one for grading:

window1

All of these are GREAT outtakes. It was so hard to choose just one!

window2

window3

window4

window5

window6

window7

window8

Read more for more of the self portrait outtakes..




m_11

window9

m_12

This entry was posted in ,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply